The Association of Diploma Schools of Professional Nursing is committed to:
- Supporting all levels of nursing education and practice in the State of New Jersey.
- Providing access to a cost-effective, high-standard nursing education that accommodates employment and family demands.
- Accessing a culturally diverse population to promote employment and leadership in inner city and urban communities.
- Producing graduates who are decision makers and consumer advocates in the midst of the managed care environment.
- Providing scholarships to students and faculty.
ADSPN has established a scholarship program to assist students pursuing a career in health care and faculty serving the needs of New Jersey nursing students. $1000 is awarded to four students and one faculty member annually.
Four student awards of $1000 each will be awarded during the fall of 2013. two awards will be for students enrolled in a diploma/associate degree program. Two awards will be for RN to BSN students. Applicants must be currently enrolled in a nursing course at their respective school. The deadline for submission of applications is October 17, 2014.
Applicant must be a faculty member at one of the member schools and enrolled in a graduate program related to health care.
One faculty award of $1000 will be granted during the fall of 2014. All applications must be postmarked by October 31, 2014. Scholarships will be awarded on December 1, 2014.
Note: All materials become the property of ADSPN and will not be returned.
The application for both the student scholarships and faculty grant is available for download below. Application procedures are included within the application form.